The price for the 2:30 hours workshop is 45 euro, including all materials, tea and cookies.
About the workshop:
Slip casting is a technique for the mass-production of pottery. A liquid clay body slip is poured into plaster molds and allowed to form a layer inside the mold. I use this technique to create most of my work.
We will start with an introduction to slip casting, I will explain and demonstrate this industrial and creative process, how to cast and decorate.
You will cast 3 pieces using existing plaster molds (vase, cup, and plate) you will also decorate them with colors.
When the project is finished you will leave it in my studio so they can get dry,
your pieces will be dipped in clear glaze, fired in my kiln, and will be ready for pick up after 2 weeks.
This is a 2:30 hours workshop that covers the basics of slip casting an object.
– The workshop is in English
– Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty
– Please be on time or a bit before
– We strongly encourage you to register as class size is limited to 5 people per class
– No experience is necessary – the workshop is intended for all levels
The workshop is being held at the Kesemy design shop & studio in Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam
Korte koningsstraat 21
The studio is located in the center of Amsterdam, 200 meters from the market square Nieuwmarkt, 100 meters from Nieuwmarkt Metro station and 5 min walk from Central Station.
The price for the 2:30 hours workshop is 45 euro, including all materials, tea, and cookies
Here at Kesemy design health and safety is our top priority. We are following the recommendations of the local and international health authorities about COVID-19.
Kesemy design Protocol for workshops during COVID19
– The groups will be smaller, we will be working in half groups of 5 people.
– please stay home if you are not feeling well and have complaints (cold, sneezing, fever, headache)
– If you have traveled outside of the country, please refrain from coming into the studio for 2 weeks.