Kesemy Design hosts
Is drawing something you’ve always wanted to do but never dared to start? Or are you an experienced artist who feels as though the fun has gone out of creating? Either way, Chantal’s workshop is for you!
It is even for you if you consider yourself not creative, think you have two left hands or if the last time you gave yourself permission to put pen to paper was back in primary school. Because although you’ll be drawing during the workshop, the focus is on having fun, loosening up and re-discovering that childlike sense of joy that comes from making stuff.
Chantal’s workshop includes a range of playful exercises that will get your imagination fired up and you excited about drawing again.
You’ll go home equipped with a bunch of fun starter activities that you can turn to time and time again to tap into your creativity.
Chantal Valerie is an Amsterdam-based writer and self-taught illustrator. She believes that drawing is a skill, rather than a talent and that everyone can learn to draw. She’s also an advocate of creative living and thinks we should all be making things for the sheer fun of it.
Chantal has studied children’s literature and creative writing and is currently working on a picture book featuring her playful animal characters.
About the workshop
– The workshop lasts 2 hours and all materials as well as tea and cookies will be provided
– The workshop is in English
– No need to bring special clothes
– Please be on time
– The workshop will go ahead with a minimum of 5 participants
– We strongly encourage you to register as class size is limited to 10 people
– No experience is necessary – the workshop is intended for beginners but is also suitable for the more experienced
– We offer a relaxed and supportive environment
The workshop is being held at the Kesemy design shop & studio in Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam.
Korte koningsstraat 21
The studio is located in the center of Amsterdam, 200 meters from the market square Nieuwmarkt, 100 meters from Nieuwmarkt Metro station and 5 min walk from Central Station.
The price for the 2- hour workshop is 30 euro, including all materials, tea and cookies.